Go to navigation (press enter key)

Quick Tip # 8: Payment Procedures: Purchase Requisitions

A completed requisition form is needed to purchase goods and services (short form) and to be reimbursed or to obtain petty cash (long form.) Student organizations must have all requisitions countersigned by the VSA Treasurer.

There are two types of requisitions forms, short and long, used in purchasing. Guidelines for completing the two kinds of requisitions:

  • Short Requisition Form
    For purchase orders (used for the purchase of supplies and services.)
  • Long Requisition Form
    For reimbursements, petty cash, fees/payment to non-Vassar individuals.
  • All requisitions must be signed by your org's treasurer AND the VSA Treasurer.
  • The gold copy of the requisition is for your treasurer.  Send or deliver the original requisition (white/yellow & pink copies) with original receipts or original contract to the Controller’s Office, Attention: Mary Gugumuck, third floor Baldwin, Box 12, or see Mary Gugumuck, Room 307 for processing.


The College's Tax Exempt Status does not permit reimbursement of sales tax.

Do not pay performers for services using your own personal money!