Student Summer Meal Plan 2019
As you begin to consider plans for summer employment, summer programs, and/or opportunities in summer research at Vassar, your meal plan should factor into your decision. Students residing on campus this summer are required to purchase one of the four Block Meal Plans as noted below.
Summer Meal Plan
The effective dates for the Block Meal Plan are May 28–August 9. Students are encouraged to choose the plan best aligns with your dining habits and also accommodates your work schedule. The deadline for choosing a meal plan is May 1.
Block Meal Plans
- 200 meals: $1,200 ($6.00/meal)
- 100 meals: $700 ($7.00/meal)
- 75 meals: $600 ($8.00/meal)
- 50 meals: $450 ($9.00/meal)
One-time additional block meal purchase
Following the initial block meal purchase period (by May 1), there will be a one-time opportunity to purchase additional blocks of 10 meals at $10.00 each on July 1 from 8:30am–5:00pm at the CIS Service Desk. You may purchase as many blocks as needed on July 1, but please note these meals are not refundable and will expire on August 9, so please plan accordingly.
Summer Dining Locations
The following locations are open this summer:
- Retreat: May 28–June 21
- Gordon Commons: June 21–July 29
- Retreat: July 30–August 9
The campus dining website, https://vassar.cafebonappetit.com/, will have up-to-date hours for summer dining locations and meals.
Summer job registration period runs from March 25–April 19.
Students and their supervisors sign a commitment form and must return the form to the office of Student Employment by May 6.
Deadline for applications is May 1, as is the date to also choose your meal plan. Students residing on campus will be charged $7.00/day for their room.
Room and Board
Billed on July 15, with payment due on August 10.
Important dates and Deadlines
- Summer job registration period: March 25–April 19
- Block Meal Plan choice deadline: May 1
- Residential Life application deadline: May 1
- One-time purchase of additional meal plan blocks: July 1
- Block Meal Plan effective dates: May 28–August 9
- Room and board payment due: August 10
Please contact Teresa Quinn, Associate Dean of the College for Campus Activities, at email@example.com, with questions regarding the summer meal plan.